Thursday, December 23, 2010

Don't Call Me, I'll Call You!

What tells me that the end of the year is here?  Christmas lights...nope.  Holiday music...nope.  Gifts from family and friends...again the answer is no.  It is the multiple mailings begging, sometimes nearly pleading, for end of the year donations.  While I hate to see trees killed for absolutely no reason (that's right if you ask, I'm not giving) at least I can recycle them.  Here's what makes me feel like a mugging victim...those daily calls from call centers that aggressively pressure me for donations.  Just don't answer, right?  Tried it!  They call again daily until I answer them.  UGHHHHH! Here's what I won't be giving to this week:  breasts, the HRC and the police fund.  Here is the mantra I use with anyone, anyone who calls for donations: Take me off your call list (Motherf***er, ok that part I just think). Why?  Not that I don't believe in their causes but I find it to be so disrespectful for them to invade my personal refuge.  I enjoy giving to many organizations.  But once you call me...I'm sending your check to someone else.  I'll send it to someone who will leave me be.
Well, gotta go.  Time for me to write checks to organizations that don't have telephones.

No comments:

Post a Comment